Tuesday, August 6, 2019

How do you use keyboard WASD & mouse if you are a left handed PC gamer

I started using a computer in late nineties - either shared computers in internet/cyber cafes or at my home, a PC that is shared with my dad and friends - - so, I got adapted to using the mouse with right hand.
And, as the arrow keys and game keys like (Home/PageUp/PageDown/End) in a typical keyboard are on the right hand, I got adapted to use them also with my right hand. I was easily using those keys in a word processor or a browser.
So, when it was time to play games - DOS games like Prince, Galaxy, Dave, etc that needed to use the keyboard extensively or Arcade games like Pinball, Ball of Steel, that needed to use mouse buttons to play the flippers or even Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper - it was natural for me to use my right hand only. Same with racing games like Road Rash, Motocross, Hard Truck - either use the arrow keys or mouse with right hand.
Even when we played in 2-player mode, where one was using arrows, and the other had to use the keyboard like WASD, Shift, Control - I would still use the right hand for the lack of space.
While playing killer/shooting games that would need to use mouse to navigate and the keyboard shortcuts for weapons, health, etc, - I would be using mouse with right-hand and keyboard shortcuts with left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment